Air Liquide offers the Choice Savings Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). With this plan you’ll have the opportunity to re-invest in your own health care and have another way to save for a more financially secure future.
- As part of the open enrollment process, an HSA bank account with Aetna through Payflex will be opened on your behalf by Air Liquide (www.aetnanavigator.com).
- To get your savings started, Air Liquide will deposit up to $1,000 for individual coverage and up to $2,000 for family coverage into your HSA during the plan year (prorated for mid-year enrollment) if you completed both Health Elements activities in 2018.
- You can make personal before-tax contributions to your account through payroll deductions or after-tax one-off contributions any time during the year. The IRS maximum allowed contribution is $3,450 for an individual and $6,900 for a family in 2018, which includes the contribution from Air Liquide. If you are age 55 or older in 2018, you can make an additional $1,000 catch-up contribution throughout the year.
HSA Debit Card
- You can pay expenses directly from your account using the HSA debit card option.
- If the balance in your account isn’t enough to cover an expense, you can pay for it out of pocket and then request reimbursement after your HSA balance builds back up.
Using Your HSA
- You can use your account to pay for eligible medical, prescription, dental and vision expenses. If you have money remaining in your HSA, you can use it to pay your coinsurance or save it to use on health care expenses in future years, such as during retirement.
- Funds in your account in excess of $1,000 can be invested in mutual funds through Payflex in increments as small as $100.
- Unlike a Health Care Flexible Spending Account, any remaining balance rolls over from year to year so you don’t lose it. And, it’s portable so you can take it with you when you retire or leave Air Liquide.