Air Liquide offers the Choice Savings Plan and Choice Value Plan, both of which are eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA). With these plans you’ll have the opportunity to re-invest in your own health care and have another way to save for a more financially secure future.
- As part of the open enrollment process, an HSA bank account with Aetna through Payflex will be opened on your behalf by Air Liquide (www.aetnanavigator.com).
- If you are enrolled in the Choice Savings plan, Air Liquide will deposit an automatic seed of $500 for individual coverage and $1,000 for family coverage into your HSA during the plan year (prorated for mid-year enrollment). You may be eligible for an additional $250 for individual coverage and $500 for family coverage if you complete both Healthy Elements activities in 2022.
- If you are enrolled in the Choice Value plan, Air Liquide will deposit $250 for individual coverage and $500 for family coverage into your HSA if you complete both Healthy Elements activities in 2022.
- You can make personal before-tax contributions to your account through payroll deductions or after-tax one-off contributions any time during the year. The IRS maximum allowed contribution is $3,650 for an individual and $7,300 for a family in 2022, which includes any contributions from Air Liquide. If you are age 55 or older in 2022, you can make an additional $1,000 catch-up contribution throughout the year.
HSA Debit Card
- You can pay expenses directly from your account using the HSA debit card option.
- If the balance in your account isn’t enough to cover an expense, you can pay for it out of pocket and then request reimbursement after your HSA balance builds back up.
Using Your HSA
- You can use your account to pay for eligible medical, prescription, dental and vision expenses. If you have money remaining in your HSA, you can use it to pay your coinsurance or save it to use on health care expenses in future years, such as during retirement.
- Funds in your account in excess of $1,000 can be invested in mutual funds through Payflex in increments as small as $100.
- Unlike a Health Care Flexible Spending Account, any remaining balance rolls over from year to year so you don’t lose it. And, it’s portable so you can take it with you when you retire or leave Air Liquide.
Do the Math!
Doing the math is the best way to see how the Choice Value Plan and Choice Savings Plan works with an HSA to save you money. Use the Aetna HealthFund® HSA Savings Calculation Tool to discover your savings opportunities and tax advantages associated with an HSA.
Enrolled in Medicare?
If you are age 65+, elect the Choice Value Plan or the Choice Savings Plan and have not enrolled in Medicare Parts A, B, C or D, you may contribute to your HSA. If you have enrolled in Medicare and elect one of these HSA-eligible plans, you should consult with your tax or legal advisor to discuss your specific situation and how contributing to an HSA may impact your taxes. Further information can also be found at: www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p969.pdf.