Air Liquide’s life insurance program is designed to protect you and your family and includes:
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Travel Assistance
- MetLife Will Preparation
Beneficiary Designations – You can make or change your beneficiary designations at any time during the year through the Air Liquide Health Benefits Center. Your designations will apply to the following:
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel
- Survivor Income
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefits
To designate or change your beneficiary, contact the Air Liquide Health Benefits Center.
- Basic – 1x your base annual earnings up to a maximum of $2 million (combined with Supplemental Life Insurance).
- Supplemental – You can elect and pay for supplemental coverage for yourself (up to $2 million combined with Basic Life Insurance), your spouse (up to $250,000 not to exceed 100% of employee’s coverage amount) and your dependent children (up to $20,000).
This coverage provides benefits beyond your Disability or Life Insurance for losses due to covered accidents that result in paralysis; loss of a limb, speech, hearing or sight; brain damage or coma.
Basic Employee Coverage – 1x your base annual earnings up to a maximum of $1 million
Supplemental Employee Coverage – 1x to 10x base annual earnings up to $750,000
Spouse and Dependent Child(ren) Coverage
- If you are enrolling both your spouse and dependent child(ren), you are eligible for coverage equal to 40% of your coverage amount for your spouse and 10% of your coverage amount for each child.
- If you are electing spouse-only coverage, you are eligible for 50% of your coverage amount
- If you are electing dependent child(ren)-only coverage, you are eligible for 15% of your coverage amount for each child
Survivor Income – Maximum total benefit payable is $900,000
- Choice 1 – Pays 20% of your monthly base earnings up to a maximum of $7,500 per month up to 120 months
- Choice 2 – Pays 40% of your monthly base earnings up to a maximum of $7,500 per month up to 120 months
This travel assistance benefit is available when you enroll in AD&D coverage. It provides you and your dependents with medical, legal, transportation and financial assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, when you are more than 100 miles from home.
MetLife’s Will Preparation Service
If you enrolled for Supplemental Life Insurance coverage, you have access to legal counsel with any Hyatt Legal Plans participating attorney. The service includes telephone advice and office consultation on will preparation and estate resolution, at no cost to you. Hyatt Legal Plans is a MetLife company. To use the service, visit the Hyatt Legal Plan Website and provide the Air Liquide Access Code: GetLaw.